There are two themes associated with a thirty fifth wedding anniversary. Some people consider a 35 year wedding anniversary to be one of those not quite so significant milestones. Here, we happen to consider it worthy of celebration, although not of the magnitude of a 25th or 50th, we’d be inclined to agree. If you are the kind of person who is planning to let this year pass without too loud a trumpet, you might want to think again. Every wedding anniversary is cause for celebration and we think your wife will most likely agree. The themes for 35 year wedding anniversary gifts are coral and jade.
Red Glazed Rose Heart Pendant
- Luxurious pendant created from red natural miniature rose petals.
- Styled in a heart shape, the pendant is studded with 21 radiant synthetic diamonds.
- Presented in a thick navy-blue velvet pouch, backed up by a lifetime warranty.
Pink Natural Glazed Rose
- A natural pink rose glazed and gold trimmed with pure 24 karat gold.
- Each rose comes supplied with an authenticity certificate.
- Approximately 29cm in length.
Purple Matched Set in Gold Heart Theme
- Includes a glazed purple natural rose, along with a pendant and earrings.
- The pendant is fashioned in the shape of a heart.
- Each jewelry piece is inlaid with sparkling synthetic diamonds.
Coral for a 35 year anniversary gift
A Greek word meaning ‘nymph of the sea’ is where the name coral comes from. Legend tells that blood from the head of Medusa, slain by Perseus, turned branches and twigs of shrubs that were growing by the seashore into cora. Sea-maidens then took these petrified branches with them when they went back to their sea caves in the ocean.
Coral is also thought to have health giving properties. In many countries it was also given to children in the form of amulets or rattles to ward off demons and banish nightmares. More recently coral has become a protected species in some countries because the benefits of the reefs to the environment has finally been recognised.
Coral takes a long time to form and when its polished ranges in colour from pink to vibrant red. Because it’s a symbol of protection, it makes a meaningful gesture when given as a gift to someone you love. A great 35 year wedding anniversary gift for her would be an item of coral coloured jewellery. Whether you choose a ring, necklace, bracelet or earrings a gift of coral coloured jewellery is bound to be something she loves.
Jade for 35 year wedding anniversary gifts
Jade is a gorgeous theme to have for a 35 year wedding anniversary. It’s a stunning gemstone that can be made into many different things. It comes in a variety of shades of green, which are dependent upon the mineral content. Jade derives from a naturally occurring material called jadeite and is found in a number of different locations around the world, with of course China being the most renowned. Jade can of course be part of some stunning items of jewellery but it is also suitable as a centrepiece.
Jade has been a prized material throughout the ages. Spanish conquistadors wore it to ward of illness. Delicate jade jewellery and detailed jade ornaments make great 35 year wedding anniversary gifts for parents. And if it’s a 35 year anniversary gift for him that you’re looking for you won’t go far wrong with a pair of jade cufflinks.
Other 35 year wedding anniversary themes
Unlike many of the other wedding anniversary years there’s no particular flower associated with a 35 year wedding anniversary. That doesn’t preclude you from giving flowers as a 35 year anniversary gift for her, because there are plenty of meaningful messages that can be conveyed with certain flowers. If you know your wife adores receiving flowers compile a bouquet with blooms that convey the sentiments you want to share.
If you’re looking for a 35 year anniversary gift for him you might want to take some inspiration from the gemstone emerald. There are lots of folklore and traditions associated with this green gemstone. It was believed to reduce the dangers of childbirth if the mother was wearing it. It was also believed to be a good indicator of chastity. Should a vow be broken between the giver and receiver it was said that the emerald would dim in colour. Should the act be considered gross treachery it was thought that the gemstone would crumble in its setting.
Why not try something unusual for a 35 year wedding anniversary gift?
If you’ve decided not to take one of the anniversary themes on board you should consider the gift of an experience. The perfect 35 year wedding anniversary gift for parents who’ve already got everything they need. Give them the opportunity to do something together by giving them a romantic and memorable experience. Here are a few examples of what’s on offer:
- A lover’s leap – A tandem bungee jump with half a bottle of champagne to celebrate.
- Sightseeing cruise – Experience the view from The Shard and cruise up the Thames.
- Theatre and dinner for two – Enjoy a pre-theatre at a top restaurant followed by the best seats at a West End show.
- Chocolate making workshop – Tasting, decorating and experimenting with chocolate hosted by the best chocolatiers.
- Japanese afternoon tea for two – The chance to enjoy sweet and savoury treats from the Far East.
- Vineyard tour – Includes tasting and lunch for two.
This year do something special for the couple who are celebrating their 35 year anniversary. Spend some time considering the options we’ve mentioned and pick the right one to make the occasion memorable.