You’re going to have to dig deep for your 60th wedding anniversary gift, because diamonds are both the traditional and modern theme. And quite rightly so, because six decades of married life is worthy of something different. Married couples who have reached such a significant milestone will already have received lots of outstanding gifts for previous anniversaries, but this year it’s time to turn the gift giving up a notch or two.
Marking wedding anniversaries is a tradition that goes back centuries, but it was Queen Victoria celebrating her diamond jubilee that made diamond wedding anniversaries popular.
If you’ve got a very special lady in your life and are looking for diamond anniversary gifts you’ll be pleased you found yourself here. We’re going to share some of our diamond anniversary gift ideas, and help to make your day special.
Red Glazed Rose Heart Pendant
- Luxurious pendant created from red natural miniature rose petals.
- Styled in a heart shape, the pendant is studded with 21 radiant synthetic diamonds.
- Presented in a thick navy-blue velvet pouch, backed up by a lifetime warranty.
Blue Matching Set
- It includes rose, pendant and earrings in leaf theme.
- The jewelry set is decorated with 30 brilliant synthetic diamonds.
- Protected by a lifetime guarantee supplied as standard.
24k Gold-Dipped Poker Cars
- A deck of playable poker cards dipped in pure 24k gold.
- Each deck is produced to the highest tournament standards.
- Each deck comes in its own cherrywood case and its own certificate of authenticity.
If you want to bring a sparkle to her eyes consider diamonds for your 60 year anniversary gift
A very popular gift for a 60 year wedding anniversary is something that features diamonds. However, we feel it only fair to point out that there are lots of other gifts suitable for such an event. There’s nothing set in stone to say you have to go with what’s most popular. It’s up to you how you show your wife you still care. Keep reading because we’re about to share some ideas directly related to the theme and some a little more out of the ordinary.
If diamonds are your girl’s favourite you’re probably thinking about popping down to the jewellery store and buying her a necklace, bracelet, ring or earrings. But did you realise you can have a piece of jewellery designed especially for her? Rather than picking something generic. Take a look online, or see if there are any jewellery designers in your area. A unique piece of jewellery featuring the diamond theme will make the most perfect 60th wedding anniversary gift for your wife.
Glassware is another great option, especially if you get it engraved with her name or the date of your wedding. Choose a cut-glass vase and fill it with her favourite blooms. There isn’t a particular anniversary flower, so it’s completely up to your what you choose.
A great way to celebrate your diamond anniversary will be to do something together. Take your wife for the holiday of a lifetime, and she’ll soon be falling in love with you all over again. Somewhere exotic, breathtaking or to a destination she’s always longed to visit or maybe revisit a location with a special meaning such as the spot where you enjoyed your honeymoon, all those years ago. Bear in mind though, that this location may have changed in the six decades that have passed since you took your vows.
Congratulations from the Queen Residents of the UK can request congratulations from the Queen when celebrating a diamond anniversary. The congratulatory message is arranged by the Anniversaries Office at Buckingham Palace. And for some people this will play a very special part in the celebrations. The message consists of a card with personal words from the Queen and comes in a special envelope delivered through the post. All that’s required is the completion of a simple application form and send it to the Anniversaries Office along with documentary proof. If the wedding took place in England or Wales this proof won’t be necessary as details can be electronically verified.
Inject a little romance to the occasion
When was the last time your thoughts turned to romance? Possibly quite a few years ago, so it’s time to inject a little for such a special anniversary, because you’re never too old for romance.
- Renew your wedding vows and hold an anniversary party – A sixtieth wedding anniversary is the perfect time for gathering together all your family and friends and celebrating this important milestone together. You will have influenced a number of different people over the years so time to gather them all in one place. You could also add to the importance of the day by renewing your wedding vows in front of those that matter most.
- Share a romantic dinner – Take your wife out for a slap up dinner, or cook her dinner at home. If you’re a little unsure of your culinary skills, hire a chef to create some tasty dishes for you.
- Reflect on those memorable moments – Living with someone for sixty years means you’re bound to have lots of memories. While some of them might not be good ones there are bound to be some humorous ones and ones that’ll bring a tear to your eyes.
With your anniversary just round the corner we hope you find our ideas useful. But if you’re still struggling just keep the preferences of the recipient at the forefront of your mind and your 60 year anniversary gift will be special.