When it comes to celebrating special occasions such as birthdays, Valentine’s Day Mother’s day, and wedding anniversaries, flowers have long been a popular choice. We’ve even heard that some lucky ladies get to receive them everyday from the people that they love. The usual recipient of such a gift is the female of the species, but nowadays men are getting in on the act as well. It’s also worth mentioning that bouquets are not the only form a gift of flowers can take. Houseplants, trees, shrubs and flowering plants are all great alternatives.
Pink Natural Glazed Rose
- A natural pink rose glazed and gold trimmed with pure 24 karat gold.
- Each rose comes supplied with an authenticity certificate.
- Approximately 29cm in length.
24k Gold-Dipped Natural Rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold.
- It perfectly combines the beauty of a rose and the majesty of fine gold.
- Presented in an exquisite leather case, and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Platinum-Dipped Natural Rose
- A real rose dipped in pure certified platinum.
- A double-sided authenticity certificate is included.
- The worlds most recognised symbol of love, beautifully and artistically presented.
Say a wealth of things with the gift of roses
For centuries flowers have been used to convey certain messages and feelings. The red rose is one of the most obvious, and why it has become synonymous with Valentine’s Day. But aside from the red rose there are hundreds of different flowers to choose from, if you can’t find the right words to express how you feel. Roses are one of the most popular flowers to give as gifts, particularly for an anniversary. They are popular all over the world. Possibly because they come in such a wide variety of colours, sizes and have such wonderful scents. They are a symbol of love, beauty, war and even politics for centuries, and don’t look to be going out of fashion any time soon. The number of blooms, variety and colour can all have certain meanings, so do a little research before you purchase your gift. You don’t want to find yourself in the doghouse because the meaning behind your gift is not what the recipient wants to hear.
And if the recipient of your gift isn’t know for their ‘green fingers’ there are still some interesting options, if you’re hell bent on giving roses for your anniversary gift. Roses can be beautifully crafted from wood, paper, silk and leather. There are even natural blooms that have been dipped in a precious metal. Such as those from Eternity Rose.
We’ve been scouring the internet for some interesting facts relating to roses, and we’ve managed to come up with a few.
Did you know that…
- The rose was considered to be one of the most sacred flowers by the Ancient Egyptians. Offerings were made of them to the Egyptian god Isis. They were also used as part of funeral wreaths, which was discovered when some of their tombs were uncovered.
- The oldest fossils found of roses were 35 million years old. They were uncovered in Colorado.
- Northern Persia is considered to be the birthplace of the cultivated rose.
- Roses come in many different colours, but so far there has been a variety coloured black. However some of the red varieties are so dark they could be mistaken for black.
- The leading exporter of roses is the Netherlands, but they are grown for commercial purposes all over the world.
- When the War of the Roses took place in the 15th century, here in the UK, roses were already being cultivated and hybridised. Tudor Henry VII, who was the victor of the famous battle created the Tudor Rose (the Rose of England), by cross breeding other varieties.
Use an anniversary rose to express your feelings
There aren’t many better ways to celebrate a wedding anniversary than with the gift of a rose. It could be in the form of a bouquet or a living rose bush to nurture in the garden. A rose bush is a perfect gift that will help the celebrating couple remember their anniversary for many years to come. It will bring a splash of colour to their garden and fill the air with a wonderful fragrance throughout the summer. Giving an anniversary rose to your wife, or even to the modern thinking man is a great way to convey your feelings of affection. As well as roses having certain meanings there are also plenty of rose varieties with very apt names. For example:
- Silver Wedding
- Silver Anniversary
- Special Occasions
- Specially for You
- You’re Beautiful
How to take care of a living anniversary rose
Roses aren’t particularly difficult to take care of but that doesn’t mean you should leave them to their own devices. Get the conditions right and your rose will flourish and provide your garden with a beautiful display year after year.
- Good ventilation – Rose bushes don’t enjoy being overcrowded. Allowing good air circulation will allow the rose to grow healthy foliage.
- Give them attention – Keeping a close eye on your rose bush will mean you can spot problems with pests and diseases early and act quickly to get the problem in check.
- Clean up around the rose bush – Old foliage and prunings should be cleared away.
- Environmental control is important – Certain diseases are more likely to occur when the environmental conditions are favourable. When the air is cool and roots are getting dry, mildew is more likely to appear. Blackspot becomes a problem when leaves are wet overnight.
If you’ve got a silver wedding anniversary in the near future, or you know a couple who are reaching such a milestone, finding a gift will help to make the day more memorable. Spend some time thinking about the perfect kind of gift and it’ll be a precious momento long into the future.