You’re about to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary and are wondering what to do. Everyone agrees that you need to do something, preferably something special and memorable. When it comes to celebrating a 25th wedding anniversary, if it’s gifts that you’re looking for, bear in mind that the symbol is silver. For centuries it has been this way, and nothing has changed today. Going back as far as the Holy Roman Empire, husbands would give their wife a garland of silver, upon reaching their 25th wedding anniversary, and one made of gold, if they were lucky and healthy enough to achieve 50 years of marriage. Not much is different nowadays, apart from almost every wedding anniversary being given its own special symbol. But here we’re just going to be looking at the silver wedding anniversary, and helping you enjoy the day with our gift ideas. Because exchanging gifts is a very important part of the anniversary celebrations, and is a great way to strengthen your bonds. Stick your head in the sand and hope that day will pass without anyone noticing, and you’re going to regret not making a fuss, especially when it comes to your wife.
Silver Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas Come in all Shapes and Sizes
If you know someone who is about to celebrate their 25th anniversary, or yours is just round the corner, remember that when it comes to finding the perfect gifts it’s the thought that counts and the feeling that’s attached, rather than any price tag. And if you’ve gone to the effort of making it yourself……………well nothing’s going to beat that. Many anniversary couples would appreciate a handmade gift, far more than a gift that you’ve picked off the shelf, or discovered while clicking your way through various gift sites. Don’t get stressed over following tradition, because as long as the gift you give is laced with all the right emotions and feelings, it’s always going to be appreciated.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for the Lady Who Means the World to You
Deep down you know it’s true, but you’ve worked yourself into a bit of a panic – buying a gift for your wife really isn’t that difficult. You’ve been together now for 25 years, so you should have a fair idea of the things that are important to her. We completely understand that buying an anniversary gift for her may seem like a challenge but we’re here to help. Here are a few suggestions:
- An item of silver jewellery – always a great idea when it comes to gifts for your wife, and for this particular anniversary it’s bound to be more than appreciated. There’s plenty to choose from including earrings, rings, bracelets and pendants. But make sure that whatever you choose it’s in keeping with her current collection.
- A silver watch – while she might already have a smartphone or tablet that keeps track of time, a beautiful timepiece is something she’ll enjoying wearing. Especially if you’ve chosen to engrave the back with a few well chosen words.
- Trinket box made of silver – she’ll have a special place to keep all her treasured items
- A silver rose – Eternity Rose have found a way to capture the beauty of a natural rose bloom by dipping it in a precious metal, and for your silver wedding anniversary they can do it in silver. Beautifully presented in its own leather display case, and with an engraving on the stem, this gift is one that will have a special place in her heart for many years to come.
Silver Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for Your Prince Charming
If you’re feeling a little stressed because you’re struggling to find the perfect anniversary gift for your husband, don’t fret any longer. It’s really not that hard. And if it’s any consolation, he’s probably stressing just as much as you are. Here are a few ideas for all you ladies out there:
- A key ring made of silver – engraved with a heartfelt message, he’ll be reminded of you and this special occasion, every time he picks up his keys.
- Silver cufflinks – for those days when he needs to dress up, whether it’s for an important event at the office, or because he’s taking you out to dinner. A pair of silver cufflinks will be the finishing touch.
Do you remember love hearts from when you were a kid? Now you can buy them silver plated. The perfect way to say “I love you” and many other things.
- Silver plated rolo – so you can save the last chocolate one for yourself.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Couple of Good Friends
If you’ve been invited to the anniversary celebrations of a couple of friends, why not surprise them with one of the following:
- A silver birch tree – if they both love their garden, give them the living gift of a tree. Suitable for most types of garden, this sapling has a silvery coloured bark, and sweet little catkins in the spring.
- Personalised book marks – while ebooks have taken the world by storm, there are still plenty of people that much prefer to turn the pages of a real book. A silver bookmark will make sure they keep their page.
- Silver candlesticks – big, small, elaborate or simple. The perfect gift to grace their table.
- Silver picture frame – an elegant addition to the happy couple’s home, which will be all the more precious with a picture of them taken on their wedding day.
- Silver anniversary message plate – a great way for friends to remember their anniversary, and immortalise all the wishes of their best friends. Comes with a pen so that personal messages can be easily added.
Don’t waste your time worrying and fretting over your gift decisions, because our plan is to keep providing you with silver wedding anniversary gift ideas. To save you from all the leg work and hopefully make your gift giving task a little easier. There are so many choices that it’s often difficult to know where to start.