By now you should both be pretty much settled into married life, but that doesn’t mean you’ve got an excuse to rest on your laurels when it comes to 2nd wedding anniversary gifts. Paper is the traditional theme for a 2nd anniversary gift for her here in the UK. But our friends across the pond consider cotton to be their traditional theme. When it comes to modern themes china is the one associated with a second anniversary.
Surviving the ups and downs of the first two years of marriage means that both sides of the union are now well-adjusted to their new life together. It’s time to mark such an achievement with meaningful 2nd year wedding anniversary gift ideas for her. Any gift that is given should have significance and be loved by the recipient. The gift can serve to show the depth of your feeling and to act as a constant reminder of the love you share.
There are lots of gift options from unique and fun gifts that capture your affection to the more classical ideas provided by a traditional token. In previous years 2nd wedding anniversary gifts would be more in the realms of useful things for the home. Nowadays however, newly wed couples are more likely to have been living together for a number of years so there is little the couple need to make their married life more complete. Instead choose more symbolic, unusual or decorative presents as 2nd anniversary gift ideas for her.
2nd anniversary gifts ideas for her made of paper
In the UK paper is the traditional theme for a 2nd wedding anniversary. You’re wrong if you’re thinking that a gift made using paper will be difficult to find. Let’s look at a few of our top suggestions.
- A photograph or poster – Have one of your wedding photographs blow up into a poster. There’ll be no need for your wife to keep getting the wedding album out, if there’s one of her favourite images from your special day, displayed on the wall.
- A book of love poems – If your wife loves to read then give her a book filled with love poems or short stories.
- An origami bouquet of roses – You’ll be able to find plenty of online sites showing you how to fold colourful card into a bouquet of flowers. Best of all this gift will last for months and even years. Much better than a natural bouquet which will fade much quicker.
- A newspaper – This could be the start of a collection. Pop out on the morning of your anniversary and buy a newspaper to present to your wife along with breakfast in bed. Buy a newspaper every year on your anniversary and you’ll soon have a collection of special memories.
- A plane ticket – If your budget allows take your wife away for a romantic weekend in Paris.
- A packet of seeds – Planting the seeds on your anniversary means you can watch them grow together.
- A scratch card or lottery ticket – Fingers crossed it’ll be a winner.
- Tickets for a show – Take your wife to the bright lights of London and enjoy a West End show together, followed by dinner and a night at a top class hotel.
2nd wedding anniversary gifts made using cotton
If you’d prefer to take your inspiration from across the ocean you’re going to need to find the best 2nd year anniversary gift ideas for her featuring cotton. Let’s start with a few helpful ideas:
- Cotton hammock – You can buy her a single one or one big enough for you both to lie back and relax together. They’re available in lots of different colours, and can be used in the garden to wile away a few sunny hours, or indoors when it’s wet, cold or windy.
- Cotton roses – Yes you can really buy roses made using cotton. Once again it’s a bouquet that’ll last for many years, as opposed to a couple of weeks. If you really want to push the boat out consider a gold, silver or platinum dipped rose from Eternity Rose.
- Cotton apron – If your wife loves to get down and dirty when cooking in the kitchen, and thinks nothing of getting covered in flour when baking, give her a cotton apron so her clothes can stay clean.
- Comfy bathrobes – Choose a pair of matching bathrobes, but make sure you add pop tickets for a spa experience in her pocket.
- Egyptian cotton bed linen – You probably received plenty of bedding for wedding gifts, but now it’s time to upgrade to something luxurious. Change the mood in your bedroom with sumptuous and comfortable Egyptian cotton sheets.
Did you know that over the last two years you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy more than 5,000 hours of cuddle time? Did you make the most of those hours? If not why not this opportunity to catch up on some of those you’ve missed, and enjoy a cuddly 2nd anniversary with your wife.