So you’ve made through the seven year itchy stage and on into your 20th year of married life together. Hope you’re feeling really proud of the achievement because you jolly well should be. A good way to measure the success of any relationship is in the quality of gifts chosen for all those special occasions that keep popping up. We’d hope that by now you’ve got the whole gift choosing conundrum, pretty much off pat. But we’re not at all surprised if there are some of you that have fallen by the wayside.
We think it’s safe to say that those of you who’ve found your way here are the ones who still struggle a little to find the perfect gift for your wife. You’ll be pleased to know that you are the reason for our existence. Our aim is to guide couples, family and friends through the maze of choosing anniversary gifts. And enable each and every one of you to make every passing anniversary a resounding success.
If you’ve decided that part of your celebration will be an anniversary party then all the trinkets and ornaments given as anniversary gifts will be taken care of. Leaving you to concentrate on finding the most thoughtful and precious 20th anniversary gift. There are several different themes linked to a 20th anniversary. The traditional is china, and the modern theme is platinum. The anniversary flower is a lily and the gemstone is the elegant emerald.
Time to look at some 20th anniversary gift ideas for her
Elegant and charming 20th wedding anniversary gifts made of china
There are a number of special qualities that make china a great choice for the 20th wedding anniversary theme. A beauty all of its own, and a resilient yet delicate nature, perfectly match the core values of a 20 year old marriage. For twenty years now, you’ve both been weathering the storms but the strength of your relationship has seen you through it all. You’ve most likely got grandparents who bring their china dinner service out for special occasions. This is one gift they could have been given on their wedding day, and it’s still going strong today. While you may not consider a dinner service the most romantic of gifts there are other options.
- A bouquet of handmade porcelain flowers will be the kind of gift she holds dear for a long time.
- An anniversary plate or plaque that’s been personalised with the date of your wedding and your names.
- A photograph from your wedding day, framed in a porcelain photo frame.
- A couple of cute place settings, for those times you dine together, but without the rest of the family.
- The trip of a lifetime to China, or you want to be more obscure give her a Chinese bonsai tree.
Platinum 20th anniversary gift ideas for her if she prefers something more modern
The alternative modern theme for a 20th wedding anniversary is platinum. An item of jewellery made using platinum would be one of the best ideas, but how about something a little different? A natural rose bloom that’s been dipped in platinum for an everlasting gift. Every bloom is handpicked from their own garden, before going through a number of processes to leave an exquisite gift for that special lady. An engraving can be added to the delicate stem for added meaning.
Other possible gifts include:
- A set of anniversary cufflinks – This 25th wedding anniversary gift for your husband is one he’ll be proud to wear on lots of special occasions.
- Homeware – The shiny silver finish of items made using platinum will bring an added sparkle to your home.
- Tableware – You could cover a couple of themes with this particular gift. Consider a china dinner service that’s been trimmed with platinum.
- Anniversary ring – Is it time for you both to renew your wedding vows? The perfect occasion for exchanging a pair of platinum rings.
Time to get away and do something different for your 20th wedding anniversary
One suggestion that you’ll find us mentioning on a number of different occasions is the gift of an experience. It’s a suggestion that’s so versatile we’d be stupid not to keep suggesting it. Everything from hot air balloon rides to sky-diving or supercar driving is up for grabs. Think about something your wife has been longing to do for what seems like forever, and give her the opportunity to do it on your anniversary day. If you think she’d prefer something a little more down to earth why not enroll her for some gourmet cooking lessons, or book an afternoon cruise up the River Thames that includes dinner? There are heaps of experiences to choose from. Which makes it easy to find the right one to suit your partner.